Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Thank goodness the trick-or-treaters finally showed up! I have been sitting with a big bowl of candy in front of me since 3pm waiting for them to start coming by and subsequently eating chocolate and sugar by the handfuls. They finally started arriving about 6:30 and fortunately there was still candy left.

Is that because Halloween is on Friday night this year?

In years past they always started much earlier.

They really aren't the friendliest bunch either...only a handful of "Trick or Treats" and "Happy Halloweens"... even fewer "Thank yous." Whatever, I'm having fun.

I have had a couple funny visitors...one girl started chatting like we've known each other for years...'oh you have a dog? we have a dog. a chocolate lab. she is really bad. she poops in the house.' Right about that time her dad cut in and said it was time to go. Too bad, I could tell she was just getting started.

Another boy came in an awesome werewolf costume. I said 'wow, you're costume is scary!' he said 'thanks, check out www.werewolf.com for real-skin werewolf costumes.'

Really? Do you think he received the costume free with the stipulation that he deliver that key message at each house?

Stella hates Halloween. So does my hubby. She wants to bark and growl at the kids for no reason other than they dared to walk up the stairs. Hubby just likes to be grouchy. I'm having a great time. They better keep coming. I have six more bags of chocolate I must give away or face the chance that I could polish it all off before Monday.

As an aside, I found a flaw in my favorite new site Flickr - all the cool Halloween pictures I wanted to lift for my POD were copyright reserved. And now that I've been to my online ethics class, I can't violate the rule. Bummer. This one is pretty good though.

Tomorrow I buy a new camera, carve my own pumpkin and perhaps have a late entry to showcase. We'll see.

I also try a new prenatal yoga class tomorrow morning. Can't wait!

No comments: