Monday, October 27, 2008

My grateful list: Baby kicks (it's awesome everytime). Black cherry citrus Fresca. Airplane-free week.

I mentioned I'm in training all week - it's a class on online ethics, how to engage in conversations, an overview of what is happening out there, communities that are rising in influence, interesting evolutions (or "mashups") of sites. We cover blogs, Facebook, Twitter, podcasting, and so very much more.

I've been trying to get in for about 16 months.

Clients are interested in getting into various areas of this space and while I can speak to it, at times I have to do the old "I'll have to check and get back to you," which I'm hoping to do less of after this.

I'm also hoping to make some cool upgrades to this site so keep an eye out! Actually, the whole reason I started cityretreat in the first place was to get a better understanding of blogging. Same with Facebook and Twitter. I have to learn by example.

One thing I learned today was the awesome content available on Flickr. See how much nicer the carrot photo is over there (I attributed the source, per the lesson today)? Nothing like that popping up on Google Images!

And DW said she'll help me figure out how to organize my RSS feeds which has been making me feel kind of slow and out of touch. I'll be back with more updates this week as I get smarter. Stay tuned!

No comments: