Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby Report

Last week we were a turnip and since I don't know what a turnip looks like, nor do I like the sounds of it, I skipped that report. This week we're a bell pepper (I prefer to think of a red pepper myself). Baby S is supposedly kicking arms and legs and moving all around.

I had two doctor's appointments last week - I'm in the process of switching OBs (brilliant timing, right?) -- but the fun part was I heard baby twice.

Let me back up, in the early stages (i.e. first two trimesters), I go to the doctor every 2-3 weeks. At these appointments the doc just asks me how I'm feeling, answers questions and listens to the baby.

They use a Doppler which I think is a type of sonar that allows you to hear the heartbeat. A little jelly to the belly, place the wand and viola! Heartbeats. Mine and baby S. And also intermitent static, which means kicking! Crazy.

So I have one recorded heatbeat from 14 weeks but still haven't figured out how to upload it. And last week was 17 weeks and I heard it twice - still a boy based on old wivestale of number of beats per minute. Hearing it never gets old. He is thumping away in there and kicking too.

I can't tell if I feel anything. Sometimes I think I do but it is really hard to say. As I get further along it will become more obvious (that too is obvious I guess). And the bump is still there, though now it just seems like fat. Can't wait for the beauty to kick in :) No complaints though, I feel fantastic.

I have been eating like absolute garbage the last few days though so need to get back on the wagon to provide nutrients rather than pure sugar and chocolate. :) Sorry buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't feel Dylie until I was about 21 weeks along. It helps to lay on your belly (like on a pillow or bean bag). Makes it easier to feel thumps and kicks.