Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I bought the cutest canister for my herbs this weekend. The previous plot was the typical burnt orange ceramic pot which was left outside over winter and came through spring cracked and pretty ugly.

This little guy looks like stone but is actually plastic. I am semi-obsessed with it. I'm sure the plants are going to grow like gang-busters in there.

AND did you know that curry is a plant you buy and it looks pretty much just like rosemary? I realize this may be obvious to some of you but I had no idea and I am totally fascinated. You can see him (I guess the herbs are 'hims' and the veggies will be 'hers') on the right in the middle here. For those curious, we also have: basil, rosemary, thyme, catnip (for the cats) chives and oregano.

To be honest, I don't even cook with curry but obviously I'm going to have to start now. I am just fearing the day I pick a bunch of what I think is rosemary and get the curry instead...

No comments: