Monday, May 26, 2008

At last, we rest. I write with my token summer drink (grown-up lemonade) in hand, the flower-filled yard in my view and the smell of BBQ in the air. A wonderful end to a great weekend.

I finished up Peace Like a River yesterday, SIL recco, and it was really good. A warm, humorous story of family and faith. My only regret is that I didn't read it sooner.

Tonight we're celebrating our anniversary (earlier this week). Steak and salmon (I made a big batch of Carol's secret marinade today) on the grill, caprese salad and three types of cake and pie! All to be enjoyed on the patio.

Likely the last word on our little robin family, all three babies have safely fled the nest (we took it down this weekend). They have been hanging out in the apple tree learning to fly and look happy and healthy. Remaining are just the regular customers at the bird feeder: purple finch, sparrows, cardinals and the occasional woodpecker.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: