Monday, November 2, 2009

Day Lights Savings Hangover

oh geez - I didn't realize how Day Light Savings was going to affect us. I guess the challenge with having Ben on his brilliantly rigid schedule is that change is a little bumpy. He was super fussy at dinner tonight, to the point that I had to pull him out of his highchair and feed him in my lap to get him to even swallow the food in his mouth. He was near hysterical.

We did manage to get our normal portion of food down, at least close to it. And PJs on without a meltdown, but he completely passed out in my arms at 6:30. Like pulse checking, breathing confirmations, no-amount-of-nudging-could-muster-a-burp passed out.

I called KJ just in case. You know I like to worry. She assured me it is DLS time and that her kids are totally out of whack as well. And I just logged on to Facebook for something else and see strings of updates from my other mom friends concurring. That brings some comfort. KJ says it lasts a week.

Poor little guy. He is seriously so good all the time, when he isn't himself my first response is panic. I'm working on it, promise. For now I'll just take comfort in the fact that he is sleeping peacefully.

No comments: