Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stupid Is

When I was pregnant I noticed a definite change in my overall mental comprehension. They say it is common when you're pregnant and I assumed it would clear up after I had the baby (though some warned it would get worse).

I'm frightened by how much worse it has gotten. Seriously, it is scary.

I didn't really realize how bad it was until I started the nanny search but this exercise has completely shined the light on the situation. Working with three agencies, scheduling interviews and then meeting with all these gals and keeping their individual experiences straight - total failure.

I've double booked myself. I've asked the same questions of candidates multiple times. This morning someone arrived and I was still in my gym pants, not expecting her for another hour.

Probably fine for the nanny search (though these ladies are certain to notice my flailing and think me to be an idiot), but what about going back to work?

Details are my strong suit. They are what I fall back on when all else fails. I can always rely on details. I take notes. I'm organized. I am on time. What happens when that foundation crumbles?

I have to find a way to exercise my brain a little before heading back or I'm going to drive myself insane.

No comments: