Saturday, March 28, 2009


We are settling into a bit of a groove and it feels so good.

Everyone is a little more familiar with each other, which means better understanding what the different cries mean, and in turn handling each accordingly.

For example, this photo features the "I hate being naked" cry (or it could be "I don't want my new belly button photographed" but pretty sure it is the former). There is the "I'm hungry cry" which is unmistakably loud, overly dramatic, and usually involves a lip quiver - all in the span of about 15 seconds, it's not like I'm starving the little guy.

In total there are about five cries, which actually makes it relatively easy to get to the bottom of things. Unless of course it is the fussy cry, which has no root and usually requires a lot of walking, bouncing, and gliding to get through.

But ironically there is serenity in knowing why the crying is happening, even though it is still as loud and persistent and sometimes unstoppable.

You have to celebrate these milestones too, especially on the days when you're unbelievably tired. These victories give me the confidence to make it another day.

And of course his little face helps tremendously. Even the crying face makes me smile :)

No comments: