Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wow, suddenly I'm so far behind. How did that happen??

Beginning with the most interesting, we had our first shower this weekend in Cleveland and it was awesome!

A dozen thoughts on this - baby showers are SO MUCH better than wedding showers. The stuff is cuter, the focus isn't on me, and all the items seem genuinely necessary. A mandolin is lovely for slicing and dicing, but a car seat? We can't leave the hospital without that! And everyone was SO generous. The whole thing really blew me away.

My SILs hosted at my MIL's house - everyone loves it there, it is big for entertaining and full of all kinds of amazing antiques and collectibles so all the guests enjoyed poking around and checking it all out. We had a great crowd of people, nice mix of family and friends. And Molly (SIL) made the most amazing diaper cake you've ever seen.

I had never even heard of a diaper cake before but this thing was the best of the best based on fellow guest response. Molly is a Martha Stewart protege so not totally surprising, but a site to be seen none the less. I'll include pictures once I get organized.

Hubby and the dads were darling, serving cocktails, lunch, and clearing dishes.

And the presents! We received our stroller (two in fact), Baby Bjorn, car seat, pack and play, every bathing essential from tub to toys to frog to put toys into in the tub, clothes and more clothes, blankets and stuffed animals! I'm still processing everything.

Thanks to all who made it happen - we (baby S, me and even hubby) had a great time and thank you all for your generosity!

No comments: