Saturday, November 22, 2008

Misc post of odd updates for tonight -

Super fun day with the girls. We went out to burbs to see KJ since she is somewhat housebound with new baby Gage. He is too cute and slept the whole time we were over. I walked away feeling a little more confident about the whole thing. He is only two weeks old and everything seemed managable. We girls are like the three little bears with Bid due in Feb, me in March and Carrie in May.

Our main mission today, outside of catching up, was testing cupcakes. Bid's shower is in two weeks and we need to select a bakery, so we brought cupcakes from various places and ate ourselves sick. Thank goodness my glucose test was yesterday.

KJ gave me a SICK amount of clothes. Seriously, I was embassed when my neighbor caught me unloading it all into the house for fear he'd think I'd actually purchased this many items. I could open a boutique with the haul I took in and it is all really cute. No surprise with my clothes horse BF but super time to reap these benefits. I need to treat her to dinner.

I checked out a good holiday bazaar and picked up a couple cute ideas for work people, always a tough one. Overall the shopping experience was a total cluster. I was running about 30 minutes late, not allowing enough time to get to brunch, so I tried to buzz through. There were way too many people, in too small of a space and not enough time to digest everything. I considered the work idea a major victory.

We visited a new church in the hood for 5pm mass, which was a MAJOR accomplishment. We've completely fallen off the religious wagon since Father Don left Chicago and need to get back on board. This place wasn't exactly love-at-first-sight, but has potential. We'll head back next week and see if we don't feel a bit more at home. Please pray for us :)

AND lastly, a new Middle Eastern restaurant opened around the corner from my house and I ordered carry out tonight. Chickpea. I'd intended to save it for lunch tomorrow but have already snacked on several items. It is AWESOME. And hubby likes it which makes it a grand slam. I've been stuffing myself full of falafel everytime I go to Toledo to visit my sis b/c I can't get anything worthwhile in Chicago. This place ROCKS and the owner's mom cooks everything. She helped me create my order, made great suggestions and seems geniune. I want her to succeed. And be open longer hours. I'll be back often. I can't wait to try everything else tomorrow.

Cheers to a great Saturday!

No comments: