Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This week baby S is an ear of corn (again with my favorite foods!) at 24 weeks. He is over a foot long and gained 4 ounces since last week (when he was a mango and I neglected to provide faithful readers an update).

He is long and lean but filling out. His lungs are growing, air sacs branching. Lots of brain development this week too so big protein consumption time (I'm eating everything in sight these days so I'm sure I'm covering off on this important category without much thought).

His skin is still translucent but that is changing quickly too.

I'm thrilled to officially be at the six month mark b/c I feel like my belly is suddenly gigantic and six months sounds much further along than 5+. And I've started collecting pictures of me in my skinnier days and look at them so I don't forget what I used to look like.

When did I get so vain? I'm surprising myself. This belly is doing weird things to me. Clothes don't look good. Getting ready takes twice as long and the extra effort doesn't make any difference. Thank goodness the little thumper is kicking around and making me smile. I've lost that sexy "glow!"

(photo by racheliscoconut&lime, Flickr)

No comments: