Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thomas!


I can't recall if I've mentioned our great affection for Thomas the Train here...even if so, it's worth another post.

Ben LOVES Thomas. Loves.

He spent the last month carrying around the product catalogue picking out his favorite characters. He makes hubby read to him every. single. night from a 500 page Thomas story book. He sleeps with his trains. He has stickers. Motorized engines. A train conductor hat and whistle. And countless books.

So for Christmas my parents bought him the ultimate gift - a train table.

When I tell you he hasn't moved more than 3 feet from it, outside of naps, since it was revealed Sunday, I am not exaggerating. Round and round he goes. And the trains go. And he laughs, and cheers. He brings his other toys over to see how they co-exist within Sodor Island (not well for most of them, it's hard to drive a giant fire truck on the little rails).

Today he started singing the Thomas song. Over and over and over and over. And I confess, I find myself singing it fairly frequently as well. It's a catchy little jingle.

More pictures of the train table to follow...

No comments: