Monday, September 6, 2010

Sweet Discoveries


Given that I've overshared details with all those physically in my presence recently, I thought I'd take my dessert campaign to the blog. Only fitting on the heels of my Stay Puft Marshmellow post, right?

I've been trying new sweet spots in the hood, justifiably under the umbrella of my 'exploring new things' campaign mentioned awhile back. What's wrong with a little focus?

I wasn't the first to find Black Dog Gelato, but I'm certainly in contention for giving it the most free PR. This little shop, conveniently located just a couple blocks from me, serves up the most AMAZING gelato with creative flavors like sweet corn lavendar, vanilla malt, and oreo mint. My favorite pairing, however, is the salted peanut and mexican chili chocolate. Oh my. I literally dream of it every day.

Another place I was recently turned on to is Bake. Featured in the photo here are the smores brownie, the pretzel chocolate chip cookie and the OREO (two delicious chocolate patties with an unbelievable white frosting in between). Hubby and I actually took the Oreo down in one afternoon, sneaking visits into the kitchen to cut off small pieces, thinking the other wasn't watching until suddenly there was nothing but a little white frosting left (if you'll notice the artist positioning in this photo, 2/3 of it is already missing).

Who do I think I am?

A wreckless pregnant lady, limiting herself to just one dessert a day in the hopes that somehow that demonstrates a little self restraint, that's who.

No comments: