Monday, March 15, 2010

The Big Red Dog



We said goodbye to a special furry friend last week, Reiley, otherwise known as 'the big red dog.'

My sis' dog, originally Ryan's, making him special from the start. And 'special' came to life in many ways over the course of his life. Obviously an unconditionally loving reminder of Ryan to keep sis company over the years. But also a big, barking, high-energy, eat-anything-I-can-get-my-teeth-on super sleuth of a puppy to the very end.

He will be missed by those who loved him (and that list is longer than many people are lucky enough to claim themselves) -- in our little world, certainly most by Stella and Ben.

And in a beautiful, bittersweet twist, he went home on Ryan's birthday - I like to think Ryan had him on loan to my sis to keep her company those first few years...and that now he must believe she is strong enough to give him back.

I can almost hear Ryan yelling "C'mon Reiley, c'mon!" ... can't you?

No comments: