Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nursery photos




A few misc photos from the nursery. Ben wearing flip flops (thank you Gables) - I can't wait to get them out on the street. They are hilarious on his little feet, so 'resort-wear'. A standing shot - we are doing a ton of aided standing and he loves the new vantage point. It is funny watching him gather his senses over time - slowly able to talk and turn his head while doing so. And then a pic of him chillin' in his chair watching Carrie and I hang his name on the wall.

A couple notes - I am still BF and pretty much wearing a nursing tank top 24/7; as such I'm featured in one in nearly every photo. I have 50 of them and it just makes things easier, especially in the morning and on the weekends. That said, my old fashion-sensible self cringes every time I see another picture of me in one. I promise when we do go out (albeit rarely), I try to look cuter.

Secondly - my house now looks like a Babies R Us that has just been robbed. I don't know how it happened. The first couple months I would put all the baby gear away each night -- I'm a minimalist, I like clean. Yet we keep acquiring stuff and it seems like a losing battle. I am looking for efficiencies where I can find them and this is the path I've chosen. So I'm embracing it. I laid down the CUTEST floor tiles from Skip Hop so Ben can lay down and play in the family room on the wood floor. Things just spiraled from there. But again, I look at these pictures where you can see the chaos in the background and a part of me still bristles.

This is our life now and I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments: