Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Radio Silence

Ok, so this whole work thing is taking some getting used to but I think I'm going to be able to do it which is an exciting development for me.

One (major) draw back is that I have SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the amount of time I'm spending with Ben (obviously) so there is less time for photos, less time for noticing new developments and subsequently less content to post. With a little time, and a weekend, I'm sure I can get back into the grove.

The hardest part naturally is going from 12 hours of togetherness to 1.5 hours (best case scenario). The little guy, God bless, has slept through the night two nights in a row, which now proves he can and means he is no longer rescued from his crib with crying. And brilliantly, he is crying much less.

Big advocate of sleep training but (hopefully) that is another post for another day. He is still going down at night super early, fussy at 5:45 and down by 6:30 which is tough. So the morning is our special time. He is awake, smiling, happy and we hang out for almost an hour. I love it. It keeps me grounded.

Anyway, this is garbled and rushed but I wanted to post an update. I am much more confident that I'll be OK with a couple days under my belt and that in and of itself is encouraging.

I promise to figure out how to fit some more pictures and videos into the day and share soon.

No comments: