Monday, January 19, 2009

Pouring my last, big, delicious glass of fresh FL orange juice before packing up. The last of our sunny vacations is coming to a close and we're getting ready to head back to Chitown. Good news is it has warmed up to a balmy 14 degrees, 25 degrees warmer than when we left on Friday!

We've had the best time in Naples, though the trip seemed really short for some reason.

Yesterday was, as mom would say - a golden gram day. I found my first, ever full giant sanddollar on the beach while power walking. Later, at the pool, a manatee came swimming by in the harbor right by the in-laws condo. Closest I've ever seen one. He came back by several times throughout the afternoon. I also saw an osprey swoop down to catch a fish AND two dolphins visited the cove. Another rare occurance and the best animal extravaganza ever recorded for Naples!

We went to mass, something we've totally neglected at home. It is always so nice to get back and then I wonder why we don't make it a priority more often. Followed by brunch at one of my favorite spots and a long lazy day at the pool.

We had a fun dinner with all the gals (MIL, aunt MA, and the nuns) while the boys stayed home and watched football.

Off to pack a dozen tomatoes, four of the largest avocados you've ever seen and perhaps a few oranges into my luggage without revealing to hubby, who has to hoist it all into the overhead :)

Hope you've got the day off and are enjoying.

No comments: