Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy to report produce (and hubby and me) made it safely home from Naples - six heirloom toms and four avocados the size of grapefruits. In fact I'm eating a tom/avocado sandwich right now as I type. YUM! There is nothing like fresh produce.

The whirlwind continues, I think for the next two weeks. I'm trying to take advantage of today as much as possible to regain stable ground. We arrived back from Naples Monday, I left for Miami on Wed, got home late last night. Final client visit before I pop. So nice to see all the peeps, it was a great trip.

And I have to tell you, it is pretty refreshing to see how wonderful people still are to the token pregnant lady. I ordinarily nod off chivalry as quickly as the next independant woman but the truth is as I get bigger, I need the help. Luggage into overheads. Seats on the tram. Doors held open for me. I'm here to tell you, nice people are still all over the place, eager to lend a hand.

Speaking of refreshing, have you noticed a spring in everyone's collective step? A lightness in the air? An overall positive feeling about us? Thanks to Obama's speech on Tuesday, I think the world is ready to put a little of that negative energy behind us and start looking forward with a new attitude. I certainly am. And it feels good to ditch the emotional baggage.

I'm all over the board today, are you still following me?

No comments: