Thursday, September 25, 2008


Good sunny Miami morning to you - it actually isn't sunny today but I am in Miami. Two more days until I'm home! It isn't that I don't like Miami, I actually love working down here. However 5 days is a long time and I HATE the food at the hotel we stay at. And since I live for food, it is depressing to say the least. And of course the simple pleasures like hubby, Stella and my own bed are missing.



But the days fly by and I'll be home before I know it. Most of the clients are traveling this week so I left relatively early last night (if you call 6:30 early) to work back at the hotel on the patio. A nice advantage I often take for granted here.

Avacodo is doing well - and growing! Last Friday, literally sometime during the day, I grew a belly.

Truth be told, I've been both dreading and dreaming of the belly. Dreading because what girl wants to get big and fat? Horrifying. But also dreaming because it means it's real, it is proof. I've been feeling so fantastic (thank you God) that I want a little reinforcement that I didn't make this whole thing up.

Consider it done.

I put on my favorite pair of jeans and worked from home. It wasn't until I left later to run an errand and was sitting in the car, that I realized I couldn't breathe. I had to unbutton my pants!

Part of me still wondered if I was just creating the belly to make myself feel better but then hubby came home after having been on the road for a couple days and said'whoa,' upon seeing me. That said it all.

This week I'm using the belly band for the first time. A facinating little thing that looks like it came straight from Units in the '80s. You wear it like a giant belt over your unzipped pants. It keeps you in real clothes longer, delaying the inevitable ugly maternity clothes. The only real draw back is it takes longer to organize yourself after going to the bathroom and of course I go to the bathroom a dozen times a day b/c I drink so much water. I would guess I've slowed down about 10 additional minutes due to the band overall, but I'm still wearing cute black pants so hardly a trade off.

Ok, off to work. Friday is on the horizon. I'm plowing through the vampire books and I have already gotten my upgrade confirmation for the flight tomorrow. Things are looking good! Have a great day :)

No comments: