Thursday, September 18, 2008

Babycenter has this weekly newsletter you can sign up for and each week they send an email with news on what is happening with the baby. Thankfully there are a million woman who have gone through this before me and everyone wants to share their tips, this one has been a favorite so far. 

Rather than discuss potential names for baby S, we refer to him/her by the size described in the weekly emails. This week we are an apple. Most descriptions seem to be fruits so far. 

Oh, fruit, that reminds me. I have so many posts to come...

Anywho, this week we're an apple and the funniest thing is hubby signed up to get the alerts too and he somehow receives his a whole 24 hours in advance of me so he always scoops the fruit type on me. 

This week her legs are longer than her arms and she can move all of her joints and limbs (they change sexes each week, the apple is female). And she is already moving around - can you believe that?? I can't feel it yet, not for a few more weeks I guess. 

Totally crazy! I have a few books too, some I read more than others. The "Girlfriend's guide" is great and funny; I also like "What to expect." There was another I bought and read five pages of before totally scaring myself senseless and vowed never to pick that one up again. Apparently I didn't screen it very well in the book store. 

Lots to learn I guess but taking it one week at a time definitely helps. Much less daunting. And like I said, everyone offers their input and tips and these are far more welcome to me than I ever found input on wedding details to be. Perhaps because I am so completely out of my element??

No comments: