Saturday, September 20, 2008

A friend at work recently turned me on to the vampire series that is all the rage right now. She blew through Twilight and New Moon while we were in LA and I would guess has finished all four by now. 

She lent me Twilight and I was surprised how quickly I got through it too. I reminded me a lot of the Ann Rice books I fell in love with ages ago. First the Witching Hour series, and later the vampires. 

In fact, I even went looking for Witching Hour in the house b/c I was considering rereading it. I've never reread a book but if you're going to make the leap, might as well choose one that is a thousand pages and I really loved that book. 

Alas, I couldn't find it and I guess I should focus on the task at hand first. I'll finish book #2 tonight and while R's planning to send me #3 in Miami, I'm guessing I'll be at B&N by 9am tomorrow picking up the remaining two. I've got a week in Miami, starting with a four hour flight Monday morning. 

It's finish the series or register baby S. Is there any question which I'll choose? 

Apparently Stephanie Meyer dreamed up the whole series one night, has never written a thing before in her life. Brilliant. 

I tuned into True Blood last night too, the new series on HBO. May just be a bit too many vampires for me. My interest is piqued but I think I went through this phase years ago and Ann Rice is a far better story teller. 

We'll see, maybe I'll get bitten again. 

No comments: