Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I heart you iphone

I've been writing this post in my mind since walking out the door of the Verizon store on Friday, with increasing enthusiasm every minute I play with my new iphone.

And then today I read this post from Cool Mom Tech and she really summarizes things far better than I will so feel free to head there now and skip my thoughts...

BUT, if you're still here, I'll add my own color.

AT&T and I had a pretty horrible breakup in the late 90's and I honestly never recovered. Unless personally, aggressively and persistantly woo'd back, we will never talk again. So the iphone has remained outside of my consideration set all this time. Period.

I bought an ipad a few months ago, really to familiarize myself with apps and the technology because I'm talking so much about it at work it seemed careless not to better understand the landscape. And then I downloaded 50 kid apps and completely lost control of it to Ben. Another post to follow on how swiftly he picked up the functionality and mastered the device...

So when the iphone became available on Verizon, I started thinking. And really the keypad situation was the only thing holding me back. I type A LOT of emails on my bberry. And I love the keyboard. I would knock the socks off my 8th grade typing teacher with the skills I have on my bberry.

But the gamble seemed worth it. The pay off was SO HUGE. So I pulled the trigger on Friday. In a rush to get it before taking off for the Princess Half so I could take pictures during the race (yes, seriously. I'm an impulse shopper)

I haven't looked back. In fact, I can't seem to seperate myself from it. This will be one of one million posts about it, I'm guessing.

I took pics throughout the race as planned, posted them to Facebook and here. I read a book on the flight home. I have taken almost 50 pictures in 6 days. I've downloaded runner tracking apps, recipe apps, organizational apps. I'm considering switching my blog to a new platform so I can more easily update from my phone.

I can't get enough. And it is SO EASY. There is an app for EVERYTHING.

Yes, I realize I'm eons behind everyone else. But it doesn't deminish my enthusiasm...

More to come. But for now, I have apps to explore.

No comments: