Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Can She Really Smell Me?!

Inevitably hubby has it easier than me. I share stories of my trials with the kids at the end of each day. He hits the road for stretches at a time and I get the colds and the freak outs.

On the rare occassion that he has them on his own, they seem to nap longer, eat more, generally behave perfectly.

So while out of town for the half marathon, I wasn't entirely shocked to hear Juliet slept through the night that first night. She had proven capable before I left, so a repeat performance, while unexpected wasn't totally shocking.

But two nighs in a row??

@foodmomiac joked (I think) that Juliet could smell me, or my absence, and that was why she was sleeping through the night, which I laughed off...but later her comment got me thinking. While I didn't entirely buy into it, the experts do suggest when bottle training that the mom leave the house because the baby can smell 'the real deal' near-by.

Could Juliet be waking up at night simply based on proximity to me?

(Is the princess still sleeping in our room? GASP. She is.)

So tonight she is sleeping in her room all night, all by herself...what do you think the outcome will be?

No comments: