Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Flipper!

Juliet flipped over in her crib yesterday!

It's always funny (at least initially) when they do this for the first time b/c they are so startled by the action and then immediately go into turtle mode, flapping arms and freaking out to be stuck on their back.

(yes, my kids are tummy sleepers. check here for initial post on that. I tried to get Juliet to sleep on her back, but she hated it, just like Ben. Choices you make and then have to live with/worry about).

I thought it was a fluke b/c she is much too young to be flipping, right? But then she did it again today, twice.

I looked it up and the only thing I could find on flipping in my trusty baby bible was listed in the six month chapter. Another over-achieving child :)

The downside of this is that it occurs during nap time and then she is all fired up, even if I go down right away to right the situation. But I just can't beleive she is flipping over. I am off to do some more investigating in my books...

No comments: