Thursday, September 3, 2009

An update amid the chaos

When you're attempting to take on the world, inevitably something drops at some point. This week it was the blog. Apologies for the lack of content. Pictures of Ben to follow tomorrow (that is all anyone wants, isn't it?), but a quick update in the meantime...

The trip to OR was awesome. Awesome. If the pictures don't communicate it, the race was an amazing experience. So many logistics and elements to content with, but at the end of the day I'm impressed with how we all outperformed our own expectations. For me it was a lesson in how much I underdeliver when it's just me out there running. When I have a team counting on me, I'm suddenly able to go faster and harder than ever before. Let that be a lesson on my next run (I've yet to lace up the shoes since...)

Ben was FABULOUSLY taken care of by my mom (and dad). I returned to a fatter, happier baby which I didn't think was possible. Honestly, it was surprisingly good to get away. We played as hard as we ran, and our schedule was so jammed that I didn't even have the luxury of missing him until Monday morning. But when it hit, it hit hard. I was dangerously close to taking a taxi from Seaside to the airport and actually shed a tear upon waking up (admittedly it also could have been a result of sleep deprivation, combined with dancing for six hours straight, and the after-effects of mass alcohol consumption).

That said I had taken the day off yesterday and was delighted to spend the day making out with him and snuggling as much as possible. He is truly the light of my life and the time away only reinforced that.

Pictures to follow tomorrow, and then a long, lazy weekend ahead. So excited.

No comments: