Sunday, September 20, 2009

Congrats to My Awesome Sis



A big CONGRATS to my sis who organized the 4th annual Ryan Serber Classic 8K race this weekend.

Negotiating the details of an event of this magnitude is stressful enough -- add into the mix the emotional elements surrounding the race, having family and friends in from near and far, coordinating countless logistics, hosting house guests, (not to mention co-hosting a baby shower the same weekend) and an ordinary person would be balled into a corner in tears.

Yet she handles herself with such grace and poise throughout, I continue to be in awe of her.

She hands out race packets. She knows everyone's name on the course, and thanks them personally for volunteering. She welcomes the runners and conducts the post-race ceremonies. And she does it all with a genuine smile and gratitude.

Congrats my sis. Ryan would be so proud. I love you.

For more on her story, check out this great article in the Toldo Free Press

No comments: