Sunday, September 20, 2009

I love you and good night




Much more to come on our awesome trip to T-town this weekend for the annual Serber Classic, but wanted to get a couple pics up for everyone.

I hadn't given much thought to the concept of "pride" as it relates to a baby. Makes more sense to me when you consider making a football team or doing well on a test. Yet this weekend I was overcome by how much pride I felt introducing the little guy to everyone. Not just because he is the cutest baby in the world (UO - unbiased opinion), but because he was such a ROCK STAR.

Traveling in the car. Sleeping in unfamiliar places. Not sleeping at all. Making the trip down to see great grandma in Lima. Lots of change for a boy who lives his life on a pretty tight schedule.

Yet he continued to deliver smile after smile, belly laugh after monster growl. He caught a couple cat naps when he could, but overall delivered the performance of his lifetime. And pride seems the most accurate way to describe how I feel.

Everyone was happy to get home tonight, perhaps most of all Ben. Who laid down in his crib and was too tired to even talk himself to sleep as he usually does. I love you buddy, and good night.

No comments: