Friday, July 24, 2009

REAL FOOD!!



We started on rice cereal today with great success...well I should clarify, I'm not sure much actually made it into Ben's belly but he seemed interested in the food and smiled as more came his way. When the puree landed on his tongue he made a confused face but overall it was a positive first experience.

From here it is a crazy-fast progression: after just a few days of rice cereal, we integrate other Stage 1 foods which includes everything from carrots to applesauce. Each new food gets about a week of alone-time to make sure no allergies develop but REAL FOOD!?

I'm so excited. I love the idea of introducing him to new things and the possibility of being able to share food with him down the road. Of course this also means I need to pull the trigger on a highchair, messy as I know it will be redefined, and I'm sure everything will just be more complicated but for now it is just fun, fun, fun!

No comments: