Sunday, July 26, 2009

lazy Sunday

Lazy Sunday at our house...Ben and I went swimming for awhile (he kicks his feet now on command in the water) and then he caught a little Cubs game with his dad and Stella before hitting the Wicker Park street festival. I can't get enough of the weekends and am always sad and surprised to see them finish. I get one more visit in a couple hours before we say goodnight and start another week.

We 'fested' both Sat and Sun this weekend and each day I got an arm nap -- the third nap of the day is "free" and can take place anywhere (not in the crib -- I'm a schedule tyrant in case that hasn't come through in a post yet). There is nothing more yummy than an arm nap, when Ben nestles in with head on shoulder for a 20 minute power session. Music doesn't deter him, in fact the louder the better. Motion is appreciated. And he wakes up happier than ever, smiles all around. For me, it is yummy snuggling time that allows for over the top smothering he doesn't notice.

Misc side note: God help me if I ever have a girl. I can't stop buying Ben clothes. Not like shopping baskets full of them but everywhere I go I pick up something. He was growing out of his PJs so he got two new pair this weekend. I swear he is the cutest kid in the universe in them (unbiased opinion) and at the festival we bought him a shirt that matches one his dad has. If I went matchy-matchy on them, they would make me sleep outside for being such a cheeseball but I guess dad and son is OK.

Again, could this be more fun? Not possible.

No comments: