Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kicking off the 4th weekend

For those following the contest closely, we were a big loser. I can't even speak of it. We lost by a HUGE margin. Next year we'll do more to rally supporters for poor Stella. And only enter one picture so votes actually count. I haven't told her yet. I'm too devastated.

We were planning to hit WI this weekend to visit friends but hubby is still pretty laid up after his knee surgery this week. Instead we're embracing the city holiday which typically means clean roads and relaxed atmosphere.

Enjoying some wine on the porch tonight with big plans for baby pool, farmers market and maybe the zoo this weekend for Ben. We'll see.

So crazy to think this weekend last year we started out with tons of wine and festivities in WI and Turtle Lake, and ended up with a POSITIVE on the pregnancy test. At the time, I was completely FREAKED OUT, even though we had been trying. I still remember sleeping all the way home from MN, wondering why I was so tired...

Now I am so baby-crazy looking at all the pics of little ones of our friends arriving this month. Hubby asks what I would do with another one right now. I say there is plenty of room in our hearts for more...and Ben would love a little friend to play with. He thinks I'm insane. I think I just need to work on him a bit more :)

XO and Happy 4th (hopefully lots of good family pics to follow this weekend)

No comments: