Saturday, August 23, 2008

The moms were floored by the garden and I've had a few surprising trips out there myself this week so I thought I'd provide a few pictures of what we're harvesting right now...

The cucumbers have stopped their proliferation but those in the garden are HUGE. Check out POTD. I made a delicious feta/cucumber recipe yesterday, thanks DW

And the toms are out of control. I have little Sun Gold's that taste better than candy, and lots of heirloom varieties. I made gazpacho this week, delicious. 

The most surprising are the squash - remember I realized in retrospect that I don't even really like zucs? Worse yet, the plants have grown like crazy and while they continue to flower, the veggies are surfacing. They appear, grow about 2 inches and then rot out. So the other day I cut down a ton of the growth. I couldn't do a clean swipe, don't ask why, it's like I can hear them crying. Anyway, I was out getting a cucumber last night and was almost taken down by an ENORMOUS zuccini. I have to get out to take a picture. You aren't going to believe it. I could make a dozen loaves of bread...

No comments: