Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In spite of myself, I can't get enough of the Olympics. I'm totally enraptured by Michael Phelps (join the legions, right?) and find myself practicing my dolphin kick now that I'm back in the pool once a week. I have a little way to go, especially since I can't hold my breath five yards, let along five body lengths. But I am inspired. I'm reaching a bit further in my freestyle stroke and building endurance. Each week I start with my longest leg, this week a 400. Good news is I'm not training for anything so plenty of time to improve :) 

I'm really excited for the upcoming marathon event. It is fun to see the best compete against each other. Women's cycling was pretty good too. 

At the end of the day, a little dose of the Olympics never hurts. It creates a nice, warm "Go America" feeling that seems absent from most of us these days. USA!

Cheers!

No comments: