Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oy - I've completely fallen off the face of the earth. For a variety of reasons, work has taken over my life and I still haven't come up for a breath. In fact, right now I'm trying to coordinate a previously confirmed camera crew to tape the Jonas Brothers in Madison Square Garden tonight. Late this afternoon I got word that they are no longer allowed on site. Awesome. 

No rest for those solving the world's biggest issues I guess...

The only real news I've neglected to share recently is the amazingly enormous storm we had on Monday night. Two storms actually, and potentially a tornado. Biggest either of us could ever remember. As the tornado sirens went off in our neighborhood we rushed upstairs to the biggest window in the house to search for funnel clouds. 

Now I realize that we've always been taught to head to the basement for shelter, AWAY from windows, but when the world is being blown sideways right before your eyes, it is hard not to watch. 

Everything at the house, with the exception of my poor tomato garden, made it through pretty much unscathed. I restaked all the plants after the first storm and another one hit in the middle of the night. It wasn't until last night that I was able to spend any time fixing them. Aside from a few casualties, I think they should be OK. We'll see. 

Off to see if we can get our crew backstage. Rock on. 

 

No comments: