Monday, August 2, 2010

Waddle On

As a follow up to my post a few weeks ago regarding running, I'm thrilled to share that the our little morning circus (Ben, Stella and me) logged more than 80 miles in July!

I must admit, I'm pretty surprised. Given we are running just 3 or 4 miles, it really isn't much, but we've been out almost every day and it does add up over time.

And of course it's not like I look any different, as expected I'm bigger than a month ago, but so much happier to start my day this way. So. Much. Happier.

In fact, everyone seems happier. Stella has lost a few lbs and eagerly waits by the back door most mornings. Ben is a complete riot and seems to genuinely enjoy it - we pass the Metra AND the el tracks so on a good day we see 4-5 trains; he puts his milk and cereal dispenser-gadget out on the tray in front of him so he has snacks and refreshments; and once finished with his breakfast appetizer, he moves on to his books or calling out sights along our route and waving to everyone we pass.

Who knows how long we'll keep it up. I already feel myself slowing down. But it is so awesome to have the option back, and restore a little of my mental balance.

No comments: