Saturday, August 7, 2010

Afternoon Adventure




blogher wrapped up this afternoon and I found myself with a little extra time on my hands. With no agenda, I wandered out of the hotel headed towards Central Park, just a couple blocks away.

Hard to believe I ran through there FIVE years ago for the marathon...lots has changed since (!)

Truth be told, I checked flights to see if I couldn't find a cheap ticket over to Cleveland. Really miss hubby and the little guy, Stella too. But no luck.

So from Central Park, I hopped in a cab and headed down to SoHo, in search of a few good street vendors.

It ended up being a delightful diversion. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I managed to direct the cabbie to the exact location I wanted to end up. I hit a couple boutiques, found a wonderful artist and bought a few paintings for the nursery, even treated myself to some delicious street vendor food...and check out Ben's famous pizza place I stumbled upon (I thought Ray had all the famous pizza in NYC?)

I can't even remember the last time I had an afternoon to myself, free to shop and wander on my own. It was quite nice.

All packed and ready to go, hopefully with a restful night ahead of me and I'll see the crew in the morning.

It will be nice to be home.

No comments: