Monday, August 9, 2010

Big Bump

On the heels of patting myself on the back for my super running mileage in July, I thought it only appropriate to share that upon stepping on the scale at my latest OB check up I learned I'd gained 10 LBS since my last appointment.

My doctor peered curiously over the chart and asked "any idea what caused the big jump in weight?"

"Heavy shoes?" I suggested with a hopeful grin.

She didn't seem to take me seriously, perhaps because the sandals I had on weren't much more substantial than those you receive for a pedicure at the nail salon.

Once home I went back to the calendar to see if it hadn't in fact been 5 weeks since my last appointment, which would have somehow eased some of the sting.

Alas, I think it was less than four. Damn.

That said, I made a brilliant discovery this past weekend at blogher...MAMA SPANX! How about that stroke of genius. See you later 10 lbs. I barely look a day over 5 months with them on.

Thank you clever designers of Spanx. Those puppies be headed back to the OB with me in two weeks to see what miracles they may be able to perform on the scale :)

No comments: