Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dog beach




We took advantage of the beautiful weather, and the cleared out city Sunday and headed over to the dog beach. It was gloriously empty and a breeze to get over there. A few pics of Stella loving life, and Ben with his dad and Stella.

He is growing so big and independent - walking all around on his own, pointing at everything that interests him. He is babbling up a storm too. No real words but we recognize the same 5-7 sounds he makes while talking to himself all day long. We find ourselves responding in kind.

Ben helped me garden a bit today. We went to Home Depot yesterday for compost (my composter is filled to the brim and has yet to be turned, subsequently not yet realizing compost for the garden), and couldn't resist buying a few things. A blueberry plant, a bunch of onions and asparagus. I swore I'd map out the plots, and research the crops before buying anything. I just get so excited though, and have no self control. But it makes me so happy, so I guess who cares?

What are you planting this summer?

No comments: