Monday, January 25, 2010

Naples Getaway...




Ben enjoying his first Skyline Chili lunch (one of his dad's all-time favorites), and his first trip to the beach.

He did NOT like the sand, or the beach, but he and I have returned each morning and he is slowly warming to the idea. Today it was really, really windy. We sat in the sand and watched the birds trying to fly against the wind. He laughed b/c he thinks the wind is funny and he loves birds. He waves and waves at them (his backwards wave). And he wore shoes today so he didn't squirm as much when I put his feet in the sand. He took a few steps and didn't lunge back into my arms like previous days. Overall pretty successful.

It's raining now, Ben is napping. Hoping things clear up so we can hit the pool later today.

I've run each day, which has been wonderful. And relaxed by the pool during Ben's afternoon nap. I've caught up on my magazines, played with the new phone a bit. Overall, it has been a great getaway. And the weather is warmer than we've ever had in January - a treat.

Uploading is really slow for some reason but I've got a couple more coming...

No comments: