Monday, January 4, 2010

Deliciously Devine Nut Mix


On a whim I made this recipe the other day for mixed nuts. I'm obsessed with rosemary, just ask my mom. So an opportunity to incorporate it into a nut mix? It had to be a winner, and indeed it is. it's going to be my new party favor...and it couldn't be easier.

Rosemary Roasted Nuts

2 C mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews, walnuts and pecans)
4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
1/3 C packed brown sugar
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
coarse salt

preheat over to 350 degrees, roast nuts 12-15 minutes
in skillet heat butter, brown sugar and rosemary over medium high heat
add nuts, mix over heat another 3-5 minutes
spread on parchment paper or tin foil too cool

Enjoy!

2 comments:

TKTC said...

I love this combination so much. MY favorite version is from Barefoot Contessa...these cashews are a straight up addiction and even keep for a few days. Also? Happy hour. Very very happy hour.

Anonymous said...

Nice to find your lovely blog! I see we have a common interest in Chicago and food, so thought I'd just say hi :)