Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowpocolypse, Blizzaster, Snowmagedon





Finder? Ugh, meant fonder on previous post obviously...

So the Blizzard of 2011 delivered. I was begging for it as weatherman were hyping this storm all week, assuming it was just another media blitz.

It wasn't.

And as the wind howled on Tuesday night, I cheered; while also charging my eletronics and bracing for the worst.

It was really hard to tell if it was amassing into anything because there was so much wind. Even when we woke to snow piled high on the front door it was tough to tell.

But when I went to brush off our steps (we have no shovel, hubby usually brooms as it comes down??) and it was up to my knees, my waist, oh my!

Hubby was stuck in LA and Paula was stranded at home so it was a snow day for all...PJ party for Ben. We had a great day, and I managed to squeeze in a good amount of work too.

It wasn't till the kiddies went to bed bed and I ventured into the alley that I really understood the full weight of the storm. Pics from the alley -- before Stella and I ran back and forth over and over in snow deep enough to swallow her up.

Amazing. And fun to see how everyone bands together. My neighbors stopped by on their way to the grocery (on foot) to see if we needed anything. People, armed with shovels, helping others dug out their cars.

Today, another neighbor snow blowed (?) the ENTIRE alley. A miracle really given we may have been stuck in our respective garages until March otherwise.

Even sidewalk edicate is decidedly nicer when there is only room for one person to pass. Everyone smiles and nods and makes room for strangers. Small town niceities come out in everyone.

What wonderful acts did you see during the snow storm?

No comments: