Monday, November 22, 2010

Life Is Good...





Not much breaking news to report on our end...Juliet is doing great, sleeping longer between feedings at night which is about the only milestone new parents really care about (or me anyway). She is already breaking all the rules, more on that later, but I can't figure out if it's because she is a girl, or because she is #2. Probably a combination of both, plus that little VSD thing made me think she was more fragile, which isn't the case, but certainly has weighed into her already lenient parenting.

In fact, now that I think about it, the whole house has pretty much gone on vacation since late Oct. Ben is sleeping in until 8, playing with the ipad and watching TV at least once a day. He eats all of his fruits covered in some type of confection (strawberries = Reddiwip; banana = nutella; apples = peanut butter). And last week he asked for candy from his Halloween bucket after breakfast.

Crap, I really need to get back on the clock.

Well, at least everyone is happy for the most part.

Hubby and I actually went on a date Sat night and were reflecting about how much easier it is the second time. A lot of which is b/c Jules is so good and Ben was colicky, but I don't want to kill my hubby and he has yet to find me crying in the bathroom with any screaming children so we're leaps ahead of our previous situation.

In fact, while I walked out the front door the other day to walk the dog with both of them yelling at the top of their lungs and I barely heard it over the breeze...I guess we've all learned a lot over the last two years.

In all seriousness, we hit mass on Sunday for the second weekend in a row. I think the last time we pulled that off was a Lenten season years ago when it was just hubby and me. With Juliet on one shoulder, Ben reading a book next to me, and hubby at the end of the pew, I nearly choked up thinking about how very blessed we are. Suddenly we are a family and a happy, healthy one to boot. With all we've experienced around us, it's hard not to reflect and be so very thankful for that, no matter what the season.

A couple recent pics - Ben showing Gigi (what he calls her, Polish for 'baby' and it's really stuck around here) what's up with her playmat, a pic of him at Lincoln Park Zoo before she arrived that I love with the skyline in back, and a picture of Juliet wearing her Super S shirt.

Enjoy! (and Happy early Thanksgiving to you all!)

No comments: