Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lucky or stupid?

With winter quickly approaching, I started researching classes a couple weeks ago to sign Ben and Paula up for. They used to spend countless days sitting at the park, swinging and do all kinds of fun things I can only imagine.

I found a bunch through CPD (Chicago Park District) within walking distance but have also heard horror stories of how fast slots fill up, so I set the calendar for admission day and scheduled hubby to back up my efforts.

Imagine my surprise when we got right in...initially I was elated, signed us up for two different classes and felt really proud.

But then I start to wonder...why did I get in so easily? Do you think people aren't signing up b/c of H1N1? Is that crazy? A coworker just delivered a baby and they shut Prentice down to kids 12 and under b/c of it, so her son couldn't come to meet the new baby. And they stopped doing the hospital tour we took last year, to limit exposure.

For now I'm still excited they will have something to do when the snow decends. And we'll continue to monitor the flu news. He did get his shot (thanks uncle B), so that is comforting. But I guess "they" are right, the worry always sticks with you...

No comments: