Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why is it when you're running a race you feel like you look so fantastic (physically fit, healthy, well dressed) and yet the photographers at Brightroom never seem to capture that same image? T and I ran the NYC Scotland 10K in March - her first of that distance. It was an awesome course, through Central Park and a very fun day (though it took her awhile to admit she enjoyed it). As a runner, I can't get enough of MapMyRun - if you haven't visited, you must check it out. It charts your course using Google Maps and tells you the exact distance you've traveled.  I'm slightly obsessed and find myself charting my walks with Stella just to count every step.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Speaking of running....I'm off to Indy today with 3 friends to run the Indy Mini Half Marathon tomorrow. looking quite forward to this one being over. Although, thankfully, the temperatures for the morning are predicted to be dry, tonight's forecast had me in stitches!!
"Windy with strong thunderstorms. Damaging winds, large hail and possibly a tornado with some storms"!!...let's hope it finishes by 7 a.m.!

...as for the photos, completely agree. inevitably, my eyes are closed every time!