Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Small Victories

This morning I finally put into motion a running plan I've been mentally working on for weeks (if only thinking about working out burned calories, sigh)...

I resurrected the crappy jogger stroller and took it for a spin around the hood.

I've been contemplating upgrading to a nicer, double jogger stroller, but realized I really should be sure I'm going to actually do this before making the financial committment. Seems logical but this is pretty in-depth analysis for an impulse shopper like yours truly.

So this morning we all packed up - Ben, Stella and me -- and hit the road for what turned out to be about a 2.5 mile run. Admittedly, 2 years ago I would have laughed at this meger effort and not considered it worth getting out of bed for.

Today I feel like I've conquered the world. I'm so grateful for anything I can get these days, and its better than nothing. I think we can easily build up to 3-4 mile runs without too much protest from the participants.

It's funny how ones mentality about working out shifts with opportunity -- from dreaded obligation to coveted pleasure.

And the bonus? I think the crappy jogger stroller may be just fine for this limited mileage, so I've potentially just saved myself several hundred dollars.

Not a bad start to the day considering I haven't even had coffee yet!

No comments: